DUI Program: Level II
The DUI Level II Drug and Alcohol Education Course is designed to specially address issues pertaining to clients who have been convicted of more than one alcohol- or drug-related traffic offense and includes a substance abuse evaluation.
Level II Course Prerequisites
• Participants must have previously attended a DUI Level I Drug and Alcohol Education Course; or
• They have been convicted of two or more offenses requiring DUI program attendance; or
• They are attending in pre-conviction status and have already completed a DUI Level I Course.
Substance Abuse Evaluation
• Includes a one-hour, face-to-face substance abuse evaluation, completed by a certified DUI Evaluator;
• Consists of written diagnostic tests, along with a comprehensive psychosocial evaluation;
• Evaluation must be completed prior to class participation (when feasible).
DUI Level II Course Content
• A review of DUI Level I course content;
• Instructional and interactive, group-oriented education (21 hours);
• Emphasis on personal choices and special issues of the repeat offender;
• Substance abuse, chemical dependency and other issues.
Goals of Repeat Offender
(DUI Level II) Education
• Educate participants on the effects and consequences of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs;
• Provide information on the psychological and physiological effects of alcohol and drugs;
• Discuss alternative behaviors and modify attitudes towards drinking and driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs;
• Link participants to community resources.